What do you provide with Postpartum Care?
- I can travel to your hospital or home to give you your first postpartum massage. A weekly massage is recommended the first 6 weeks after the birth.
- I can include Vaginal steams starting day 3 postpartum if you don't have an infection or a C-section. I will give you instructions for doing them on your own. You can steam every other day the first week, to help your uterus heal, as well as, speed the process of clearing out the discharge.
- I can include Belly Binding and give you instructions for first 6 weeks postpartum. Binding is not just for maintaining your figure, it has multiple health benefits.
- At 6 weeks postpartum I can align your uterus and close your hips and ribcage.
- I will give you exercise precautions and guidelines for the postpartum period.u
Is postpartum care different if I have a C-section?
Yes, there are some differences in recovery care
- you can receive massage anytime you feel ready. And weekly massage is recommended the first 6 weeks.
- i will immediately give you instructions for caring for your scar to prevent infection, improve the appearance of the scar and help reduce internal scar tissue.
- Vaginal steams are not recommended until 6!weeks postpartum
- Scar massage is recommended at 8 weeks postpartum You will also receive DIY scar massage instructions
Care after miscarriage/ loss
The further along you were in your pregnancy, the more similar the recovery protocol is to postpartum care. Call me with any questions.