Women are taught to run to the doctor for antibiotics and painkillers when they have bladder infections and yeast infections. Here are effective natural Remedies for both.
I used to suffer from chronic bladder infections, and I used numerous natural solutions (cranberry pills, uva ursi, grapeseed, etc) but over time they stopped working, and the pain became unbearable. Finally, someone suggested I use BOLDO, and amazingly it stopped the pain in 10 minutes! Whenever I got a bladder infection, I'd drink BOLDO throughout the day for 3 days, to make sure to clear it out. You can find BOLDO in any Mexican supermarket. It's cheap, just boil water and add a tea bag or loose leaf BOLDO, and that's the tea. I lived like this for years, until I found my answer: Arvigo Therapy. Twelve hours after my first uterus massage, I got a bladder infection, that was in 2007 and it was the last bladder infection I ever had. Arvigo Therapy also offers 2 different herbal remedies for chronic bladder infections: Kidney tonic and Male Tonic. They do work faster than BOLDO, and I offer them to my clients, but BOLDO is accessible to everyone. I've met women who suffer from Interstitial Cystitis/ IC (thinning of the bladder lining and chronic pain and bladder infections). They have to be on painkillers, constantly, even during pregnancy. When I meet them, I ask if they suffered from chronic bladder infections before they got IC, and they always say yes and they have been on antibiotics forever. I'm sure this is the direction I was headed.
Yeast Infections: There are numerous easy and cheap cures
1. Aloe Vera - from a plant, not a bottle. Cut a small piece and peel skin from aloe gel. Insert gel into vagina and rub on vulva. Instant relief! Change 2 times daily for up to 3 days. Do not sleep with aloe.
2. Garlic Clove - peel clove and insert like a tampon. Change 2 times daily. Side effect: garlic breath.
3. Yogurt - make sure there is no sugar and it has probiotics. Insert into vagina. Use a pantyliner (preferably cloth) for the mess.
4. Coconut oil with Tea Tree and/ or Lavender Essential oils: insert in vagina and rub on vulva throughout the day. Use a pantyliner, to protect cloths from oil.
5. Vinegar - plain white or Apple Cider. Use a little glass spray bottle and spray yourself throughout the day. Optional: add Tea Tree and/ or Lavender essential oil. 6 drops total in a 2 oz spray bottle
6. Arvigo Therapy session can help. We also have an herbal tincure we recommend and sell to clients for yeast infections
Common causes of chronic yeast infections
1. Antibiotic use cause an overgrowth of yeast and lead to yeast infection. Stop using antibiotics for common illness, they should only be used when you have absolutely no other choice. When you do take them, take probiotics simultaneously. Also, avoid eating meats with antibiotics and dairy.
2. Commercial panty liners used daily can cause yeast infections. Let your privates breath, get out of the habit. Look into organic pads, cloth pads and menstrual cups.
3. There is a clear association with too much sugar in the diet and yeast infections, so minimize sugar.
Teething pain has been a major issue for my son, since he was 6 weeks old. He didn't get teeth earlier than what is considered normal, but he had calcium pearls. Teething has caused me to lose sleep, because the pain would wake him through the night and his only comfort is breastfeeding. He also had days of constant breastfeeding 😣These are the things I used, until I found the most effective solution:
• I didn't want to give him Tylenol, but I used it when things got desperate. Tylenol helped a bit, but wired him up. I used Tylenol 4 times in 16 months.
•I bought an expensive amber necklace, which helped, but not enough. At one point, I decided to remove it, thinking it wasn't helping. Two days later I was desperately looking for it.
• homeopathic pills and liquids helped, but only after 4 doses, which had to be spaced apart. I was giving him these pills constantly.
In his 16th month, I started taking Turmeric again, as a supplement for my allergies. That's when I noticed a huge improvement with the teething. He's sleeping for longer stretches of time at night, and he's napping more regularly. I removed the Amber necklace, and don't need to give him pills anymore! How do I know it's the turmeric? Because, he wakes more frequently to breastfeed, and bites me 😩 when I forget to take turmeric.
I realize now, the inflammation in my body, is what causes inflamed gums in him. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, and has multiple health benefits. I just mix 1/8 of a baby spoon in a glass of water and drink it daily. I'm so grateful I found this remedy, I only wish I found it 15 months ago!
Natural Birth Control
There is a natural way to avoid pregnancy. I find it empowering on many levels.
The earth rotates around the sun and completes one revolution in 364 days (plus 8 hours, 48 minutes, and 34 seconds) = one calendar year.
The moon rotates around the earth and completes one revolution in 28 to 29.5 days = one month.
A normal menstrual cycle is 28 to 30 days.
Before electrical lighting existed, most women ovulated with the full moon and menstruated with the new moon.
Women noticed their bleeding coincided with the new moon and their ovulation (clear egg white cervical fluid) coincided with the full moon.
They kept track of their cycles and of time by observing the moons phases. Thus, women invented the monthly calendar.
Originally, monthly calendars were moon cycle calendars.
Each new month started with a specific moon phase, either a full moon or a new moon.
264 day years divided by 28 day months = 13 months per year
Anything ancient that is related to femininity is considered evil. This includes the number 13 and left handedness.
From conception to birth, babies are born in 10 moon cycles.
The word month comes from the word moon. Monthly cycles = moon cycles.
In Latin, menses means monthly. The menstrual cycle = moon cycle.
The months names and meanings. September is the 7th month, October is the 8th month, November is 9th, December is the 10th. All the other months lost their original names. ): March is named after Mars which represents war. July is named after Julius Cesar. August is named after Julius Cesar's son.
Most Women's menstrual cycles are no longer in sync with the moon for various reasons.
One method you can use to help regulate your cycles and increase fertility is to use moonlight.
Some tips are:
1. Avoid artificial lights after 10 pm.
2. Sleep in a completely dark room on the new moon, plus the night before and after the new moon
3. Get 10-15 minutes of moonlight regularly.
4. On the night of the full moon, plus the night before and after, allow moonlight into your bedroom.
The chart above shows the sun, the earth and the moon.
The moon is shown in black and white in different positions around the earth.
The white part of the moon is the side of the moon facing the sun and is illuminated by the sun.
When the earth is between the sun and the moon, we see the illuminated side of the moon/ the full moon ( #5 on the chart).
When the moon is between the earth and the sun (#1 on the chart), we see the dark half of the moon/ the new moon.
It takes 14 to 15 days to transition from full moon to new moon = the waning moon.
It also takes14 to 15 days to transition from a new moon to a full moon = the waxing moon.
On my quest to improve my reproductive health, get pregnant, and save the planet for my offspring, I started using cloth pads. I first learned about them in an Arvigo class in 2007. They are very modern with "wings" just like disposables. There are 3 sizes: a panty liner, a regular size pad that can be adjusted for light, medium or heavy flow, and an extra long pad that can be worn at night to prevent staining your bed.
This has been my experience since then:
1. I no longer stain my underwear, because the cloth pads cover them so well and I've never leaked through a cloth pad.
2. I no longer feel itchy or get thigh burn from my pads. Apparently, I was having a reaction to the chemicals in disposable pads.
3. My menstrual blood and cloth pads don't smell. I realize now, because disposable pads contain plastic they start to smell bad with menstrual blood.
4. I'm saving my money. When I stopped using disposables, the average price of a box of pads was $6 at Target, this year I checked the prices and they've doubled!
5. My cloth pads are soft and comfortable, unlike plastic disposable that make you sweat.
6. I feel good knowing I'm not adding more plastic and toxic chemicals to my body and the environment. Disposables are toxic and take over 500 years for half the pad to degrade.
7. Plant food contains animal bood and bone. I can use my Menstrual blood as plant food. I just soak my pads in bucket cold water and use it to water my plants.
8. Legally, Menstrual pads and tampons are "medical devices". This gives companies the right to keep their ingredients secret. There are organic cotton disposables on the market. The ingredients are: organic cotton, and they are bulky and twice the cost. I'm curious, why doesn't health insurance cover the cost of these "medical devices"?
I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Arvigo Practitioner and (almost certified) Aromatherapist. I use this blog to share information about natural and organic health and beauty.