Massaging your C-Section Scar
If you had a c-section, I highly recommend scar tissue massage for various reasons
You can begin treatments after 8 weeks postpartum with a doctors consent, but it's never too late to benefit even if the scars have been there for decades.
To improve the look and feel of the scar. The scar softens, becomes thinner and reduces in size.
To minimize the effects of internal scar tissue which can cause pain and dysfunction including:
• itching, numbness and sensitivity of the scar
• back and hip pain
• constipation due to scar tissue binding to intestines
• menstrual/ ovulation pain
• infertility/ 20% of women cannot get pregnant after a c-section. It may be due to scar tissue.
• complications in future births due to scar tissue binding organs to each other. This can be life threatening and can result in loss of internal organs such as uterus or bladder.
Additionally, massaging your scar before your next pregnancy can also play an important role in preparing your body for a V-BAC (vaginal birth after c-section)
Session includes instructions to continue treating your scar at home using scar massage techniques and castor oil packs.
email email@example.com or text 562-743-7672
I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Arvigo Practitioner and (almost certified) Aromatherapist. I use this blog to share information about natural and organic health and beauty.