This information can be used to either help you get pregnant or avoid pregnancy.
It gives you biofeedback/ information about your body. If have fertility issues./ hormonal imbalances, or other health issues, it will show on your chart. For example your temperatures can show you if you have either hypothyroid or hyperthyroid; PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), low progesterone, etc.
Toni Weschler wrote a book titled Taking Charge of your Fertility and she leads TCOYF.com the companion website for this book. You can join her group and chart online and get help there.
The book and website teach you in great detail how to use this method as natural birth control, as a way to help you get pregnant, and to give you biofeedback about whether supplements you are taking, detoxes you are doing, or diets you are following are helping you improve your fertility and overall health. It requires practice and experience to learn how to "translate" what your bodies signals are telling you.
In my practice, I ask clients to chart their cycles / or record their temperatures and their bodies other 2 other fertility signals on a chart and bring it with them to follow up sessions. The two other signs of fertility are stretchy, long egg white cervical fluid and cervix opening and softening.
If you plan on seeing me in the near future, you can get a head start recording your temperaturs. Here's what you do
- buy a digital thermometer with a nightlight and memory on amazon or any pharmacy
- download free paper charts at TCYOF.com to record your temperatures and cervical fluid.
- Take your temperatures every morning upon waking before peeing or anything else. Don't use an electric blanket either.
- Record your temperatures on your chart
- Record the days you see stretchy cervical fluid/ egg white
- record your period and describe it
- you start a new chart every time you get your period