Lotion is an emulsion (blend) of water, a small amount of oil and bunch of toxic ingredients.
Why do they add toxic ingredients?
1. When oil and water are combined, they separate and the oil floats to the top. Emulsifiers are added to stop the oil and water from separating. They are toxic.
2. Bacteria and fungus start to grow when water is added to oil. Toxic ingredients are added to stop bacterial and fungal growth.
3. Synthetic chemical scents are added to make lotions smell nice. They are used instead of essential oils, because they are inexpensive.
Try these methods, instead of using lotion.
1. apply oil directly to freshly showered/ bathed wet skin. You will instantly create lotion on your skin. After massaging it in, pat your skin dry (don't rub) with a towel.
2. Make a salt or sugar scrub. Combine oil with sugar or salt or both in a container and add enough oil to cover everything. You can add essential oils to the scrub. Use the scrub at the end of a shower and rinse off. Your skin will be exfoliated and moisturized.
3. Add a little oil to bath water and you will come out of the tub with very moisturized skin.
Which body Oils are Recommended?
•always use organic unrefined oil
•A single oil or a combination of oils can be used
•Some examples of good oils are coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, and avocado oil. Experiment with different oils to find the ones that are best for your skin.
Which oils should be Avoided?
• Genetically modified oils like canola, corn and vegetable oil. Canola oil is a registered pesticide. Don't even cook with these.