Postpartum Fitness & Weightloss Tips
In the postpartum period (2 years), using heavy lifting or high impact exercise to lose weight and get fit is a mistake, These types of exercise can contribute to pelvic organ prolapse and muscle imbalances that can lead to incontinence (leaky pee) and pelvic floor dysfunctions that can cause sex to be less enjoyable or painful. A few minutes of daily restorative exercise to reawaken your core, is ideal in early postpartum. “Core” exercises include kegels, pelvic movements, and gentle exercises that improve abdominals and overall posture. After a few weeks of doing these exercises, you can take short walks while focusing on engaging your core muscles. Good posture makes bodies look taller, leaner, and tummies don’t pooch as much. A lesser known fact is that proper pelvic alignment plays a huge role in holding your pelvic organs up. Along with Arvigo Therapy, strengthening your core, will help your pelvic floor regain control over your bladder and will improve your sex life considerably.
Healthy food choices creates weight loss more efficiently than exercise does, and it benefits baby’s health if you are nursing.
Massaging your C-Section Scar
If you had a c-section, I highly recommend scar tissue massage for various reasons
You can begin treatments after 8 weeks postpartum with a doctors consent, but it's never too late to benefit even if the scars have been there for decades.
To improve the look and feel of the scar. The scar softens, becomes thinner and reduces in size.
To minimize the effects of internal scar tissue which can cause pain and dysfunction including:
• itching, numbness and sensitivity of the scar
• back and hip pain
• constipation due to scar tissue binding to intestines
• menstrual/ ovulation pain
• infertility/ 20% of women cannot get pregnant after a c-section. It may be due to scar tissue.
• complications in future births due to scar tissue binding organs to each other. This can be life threatening and can result in loss of internal organs such as uterus or bladder.
Additionally, massaging your scar before your next pregnancy can also play an important role in preparing your body for a V-BAC (vaginal birth after c-section)
Session includes instructions to continue treating your scar at home using scar massage techniques and castor oil packs.
Pregnancy and Postpartum are times when women need massage the most. It's common for women to experience more than their fair share of aches and pains during these times. It's a great idea to include prenatal & postpartum massage in the baby shower registry.
I offer pregnancy massage, labor inducing massage (after 38 weeks), early labor massage and postpartum massage. I don't just do relaxation massage, I focus on alignment and releasing tense muscles for pain relief. You can purchase paperless electronic Gift Cards from me at this link, which you can also copy and paste to your gift registry: https://squareup.com/gift/69VW2QZ6N9DG7/order
$50 for 30 minutes; $100 for 60 minutes; $150 for 90 minutes;
Make sure your Castor Oil is hexane free, non GMO/ organic. Castor oil stains cloth yellow and can't be washed out, so protect your pillow case.
1. Castor oil moisturizes hair follicles and is used by Indian women to prevent hair loss. At bedtime rub oil into eye brows and eye lashes. Lashes will grow longer and brows will be thicker.
2. Castor oil improves lymphatic flow, which combats swelling. If you put castor oil on your under eye area you will wake up with less under eye puffiness. Putting some over tonsils/ on your neck will also improve overall facial puffiness.
3. Castor oil decrease dark under eye circles
4. Skin around the eyes and face will be less wrinkled. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/beautiful-skin/
5. Castor Oil lightens Brown sun spots.
6. Castor oil over your eyelids at night is a natural remedy for insomnia. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/deep-sleep/
7. Castor oil is a natural cure for dry eyes. Restasis contains castor oil. (https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/multiple-cures/)
8. Castor oil whitens your eyes
9. Castor oil is a natural remedy for stys. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/sty-remedy/
10. Castor oil helps shrink pterygium/ yellow eye growth https://www.earthclinic.com/castor-oil-for-pterygium.html
****If you are pregnant, do not use castor oil. Women use it to induce labor once they reach full term/ 40 weeks. ****
Cellulite Reduction Massage and Detox
It is possible to reduce the appearance or completely get rid of cellulite. My cellulite reduction sessions include
•Massage oil with Essential Oils to improve lymphatic circulation
•Cupping and Gua Sha to draw out toxins, smooth skin and improve circulation
•castor oil leg wrap with infrared heat
•Detox Footbath to remove toxins (35 minutes.
•Home instructions for continued improvements include clay mask with apple cider vinegar, dry skin brushing, salt exfoliating, body rolling, gua Sha, Cupping, Detox baths, etc.
Dont Let Pain Ruin Your Career
Many jobs/ careers that involve repetitive movements result in chronic pain and injuries. The pain can make work difficult and, if left untreated, can result in disability. For example, most massage careers end after 7 years, because of chronic pain and injuries. In order to prolong their careers, massage therapists need to use good body mechanics and get one hour massage for every 15 hours they work. Other jobs that can benefit from regular massage are:
I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Arvigo Practitioner and (almost certified) Aromatherapist. I use this blog to share information about natural and organic health and beauty.