Pregnancy and Postpartum are times when women need massage the most. It's common for women to experience more than their fair share of aches and pains during these times. It's a great idea to include prenatal & postpartum massage in the baby shower registry.
I offer pregnancy massage, labor inducing massage (after 38 weeks), early labor massage and postpartum massage. I don't just do relaxation massage, I focus on alignment and releasing tense muscles for pain relief. You can purchase paperless electronic Gift Cards from me at this link, which you can also copy and paste to your gift registry: https://squareup.com/gift/69VW2QZ6N9DG7/order
$50 for 30 minutes; $100 for 60 minutes; $150 for 90 minutes;
Make sure your Castor Oil is hexane free, non GMO/ organic. Castor oil stains cloth yellow and can't be washed out, so protect your pillow case.
1. Castor oil moisturizes hair follicles and is used by Indian women to prevent hair loss. At bedtime rub oil into eye brows and eye lashes. Lashes will grow longer and brows will be thicker.
2. Castor oil improves lymphatic flow, which combats swelling. If you put castor oil on your under eye area you will wake up with less under eye puffiness. Putting some over tonsils/ on your neck will also improve overall facial puffiness.
3. Castor oil decrease dark under eye circles
4. Skin around the eyes and face will be less wrinkled. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/beautiful-skin/
5. Castor Oil lightens Brown sun spots.
6. Castor oil over your eyelids at night is a natural remedy for insomnia. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/deep-sleep/
7. Castor oil is a natural cure for dry eyes. Restasis contains castor oil. (https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/multiple-cures/)
8. Castor oil whitens your eyes
9. Castor oil is a natural remedy for stys. https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/remedies/castor_oil/sty-remedy/
10. Castor oil helps shrink pterygium/ yellow eye growth https://www.earthclinic.com/castor-oil-for-pterygium.html
****If you are pregnant, do not use castor oil. Women use it to induce labor once they reach full term/ 40 weeks. ****
Cellulite Reduction Massage and Detox
It is possible to reduce the appearance or completely get rid of cellulite. My cellulite reduction sessions include
•Massage oil with Essential Oils to improve lymphatic circulation
•Cupping and Gua Sha to draw out toxins, smooth skin and improve circulation
•castor oil leg wrap with infrared heat
•Detox Footbath to remove toxins (35 minutes.
•Home instructions for continued improvements include clay mask with apple cider vinegar, dry skin brushing, salt exfoliating, body rolling, gua Sha, Cupping, Detox baths, etc.
Dont Let Pain Ruin Your Career
Many jobs/ careers that involve repetitive movements result in chronic pain and injuries. The pain can make work difficult and, if left untreated, can result in disability. For example, most massage careers end after 7 years, because of chronic pain and injuries. In order to prolong their careers, massage therapists need to use good body mechanics and get one hour massage for every 15 hours they work. Other jobs that can benefit from regular massage are:
Rolling on balls and using other tools made specifically for self-massage is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
• It is just as beneficial, as relaxing and as effective as paid massage.
• With time and practice, your body awareness increases, your ability to find and fix your problem areas improves and your posture/ alignment improves.
• Money will no longer limit your ability to get a daily massage.
I teach with a variety of self-massage tools and make recommendations based on what works best for each individual. I use foam rollers of different densities, the thumby, the davinci tool and massage balls of different sizes and densities.
I offer self-massage instruction in the following formats:
• A stand alone one hour session $60.
• At end of a massage session, I can teach you a few techniques to work on specific problem areas. $1/ minute.
• Self Massage instruction can be combined with Movement Therapy & Core Conditioning sessions $60/ hour.
I use specialized pregnancy cushions for all positions in prenatal massage. Face down, the cushions keep pressure off the belly. In sidelying, the cushions take pressure off the shoulder joint, keep the belly supported and the entire body aligned. Most telll me they need cushions like these at home to sleep better.
To set up the table and cushions for a massage, a sheet is placed over the cushions, another sheet is used to cover the mom to be, a pillow is used to support the upper arm and another cushion is placed between the knees.
The sidelying position allows for a great neck, shoulder, back, leg and hip massage. It also allows for face and chest massage, and stretching of limbs and torso. I can also use the cushions for seated pregnancy massage
I also use an incline position when it's time to do Arvigo Therapy belly massage. This position is also great for jaw, face, neck chest and shoulder massage.
If you are planning a baby shower, it's a great idea to add a prenatal & postpartum massage to your gift registry. My business is located in Monrovia, California. If you would like to add my services to your baby registry here's the link you can add to your registry to purchase eGift Cards from me: https://squareup.com/gift/69VW2QZ6N9DG7/order
I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Arvigo Practitioner and (almost certified) Aromatherapist. I use this blog to share information about natural and organic health and beauty.