Cellulite Reduction Massage and Detox
It is possible to reduce the appearance or completely get rid of cellulite. My cellulite reduction sessions include
•Massage oil with Essential Oils to improve lymphatic circulation
•Cupping and Gua Sha to draw out toxins, smooth skin and improve circulation
•castor oil leg wrap with infrared heat
•Detox Footbath to remove toxins (35 minutes.
•Home instructions for continued improvements include clay mask with apple cider vinegar, dry skin brushing, salt exfoliating, body rolling, gua Sha, Cupping, Detox baths, etc.
Dont Let Pain Ruin Your Career
Many jobs/ careers that involve repetitive movements result in chronic pain and injuries. The pain can make work difficult and, if left untreated, can result in disability. For example, most massage careers end after 7 years, because of chronic pain and injuries. In order to prolong their careers, massage therapists need to use good body mechanics and get one hour massage for every 15 hours they work. Other jobs that can benefit from regular massage are:
Rolling on balls and using other tools made specifically for self-massage is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
• It is just as beneficial, as relaxing and as effective as paid massage.
• With time and practice, your body awareness increases, your ability to find and fix your problem areas improves and your posture/ alignment improves.
• Money will no longer limit your ability to get a daily massage.
I teach with a variety of self-massage tools and make recommendations based on what works best for each individual. I use foam rollers of different densities, the thumby, the davinci tool and massage balls of different sizes and densities.
I offer self-massage instruction in the following formats:
• A stand alone one hour session $60.
• At end of a massage session, I can teach you a few techniques to work on specific problem areas. $1/ minute.
• Self Massage instruction can be combined with Movement Therapy & Core Conditioning sessions $60/ hour.
I use specialized pregnancy cushions for all positions in prenatal massage. Face down, the cushions keep pressure off the belly. In sidelying, the cushions take pressure off the shoulder joint, keep the belly supported and the entire body aligned. Most telll me they need cushions like these at home to sleep better.
To set up the table and cushions for a massage, a sheet is placed over the cushions, another sheet is used to cover the mom to be, a pillow is used to support the upper arm and another cushion is placed between the knees.
The sidelying position allows for a great neck, shoulder, back, leg and hip massage. It also allows for face and chest massage, and stretching of limbs and torso. I can also use the cushions for seated pregnancy massage
I also use an incline position when it's time to do Arvigo Therapy belly massage. This position is also great for jaw, face, neck chest and shoulder massage.
If you are planning a baby shower, it's a great idea to add a prenatal & postpartum massage to your gift registry. My business is located in Monrovia, California. If you would like to add my services to your baby registry here's the link you can add to your registry to purchase eGift Cards from me: https://squareup.com/gift/69VW2QZ6N9DG7/order
Before I talk about miscarriages, i need to explain how pregnancies are timed.
•Doctors use the date of the last period you had just before this pregnancy as day one of your pregnancy.
•On average, women conceive (the sperm and ovum unite and create an egg) 14 days after the first day of their most recent period. Some women may conceive as early as 10 days after their last period or as late as 21 days after their last period. If you can pinpoint when you ovulate, you can get a better estimate of how pregnant you really are. If you want to learn how to figure out when you ovulate, go here.
•The egg travels through the Fallopian tube to the uterus where it implants/ binds to the lining of the uterus, about 7-10 days after conception.
• most women menstruate every 28-30 days. If your period is late, you may be pregnant.
80% of Miscarriages occur by week 8. There are different causes for miscarriage.
1) If the egg implanted in the Fallopian tube, the pregnancy is ECTOPIC pregnancy. When the embryo grows large enough, the Fallopian tube will burst. Its very painful and it will be necessary to go to the emergency room and get surgery. Ectopic pregnancy can be prevented with Arvigo Therapy before you get pregnant, which includes uterus massage to center your uterus, vaginal steams and castor oil packs for 3 months. These 3 therapies will remove any blockages in your tubes. Schedule an appointment with an Arvigo Therapist to get instructions. I'm an Arvigo Therapist, you can also look for one near you at ArvigoTherapy.com.
2) there may have been something wrong with the formation of the embryo and it couldn't survive.
3) Hormonal Imbalances. Doctors suspect low progesterone after you have had 3 early miscarriages. You can figure out if you have low progesterone, before experiencing 3 miscarriages, if you chart your cycles." To learn about charting, go here. If you do have low progesterone, you need to cut out all sugar, dairy and gluten from your diet and eat only antibiotic free and hormone free meats and organic vegetables.
4. Incompetent Cervix is another cause of miscarriage. It occurs after 12 weeks when the contents of the uterus get too heavy and the cervix opens. This may be prevented with the prior knowledge that this may happen to you if you've had surgery on your cervix. The doctor can also spot it sometimes before it's too late and sew the cervix shut.
How do you know if you are miscarrying?
• if you are cramping and bleeding, you may be having a miscarriage. You can be bleeding and not miscarry. You can be cramping and not miscarrying. Both cramping and bleeding have to happening simultaneously.
• Sometimes the embryo dies, but your body doesn't release it. You may have no idea you miscarried until you visit your doctor. The doctor might suspect miscarriage if he/she measures your uterus and notices the uterus hasn't grown. They will do an ultrasound to look for a heartbeat and not find one. This is called a Missed Miscarriage They will then schedule you for surgery to remove it, a D&C. I had two missed miscarriages. Read about them here.
What happens during a miscarriage?
•miscarriages that occur before 9 weeks pregnancy, result in heavier than normal periods.
• miscarriages that occur after 9 weeks are like mini labors. They can be hard work and they are bloody, extremely painful and nauseating for hours. The placenta is pretty large at this stage and you will notice it. It's important to see an OB or a midwife afterward to make sure there's nothing left in your uterus that can cause an infection.
•If the pregnancy reaches 20 weeks and the baby didn't survive, it's called a stillbirth. There are different reasons for stillbirths.
Prenatal & Postpartum
I am a Certified Massage Therapist, Arvigo Practitioner and (almost certified) Aromatherapist. I use this blog to share information about natural and organic health and beauty.