Natural Birth Control
- It gives you autonomy/ you don't need to depend on anyone else for birth control.
- a natural form of birth control without negative side effects. Birth control pills increase cancer risk and in some cases ruins your skin and lowers your sex drive.
- it's free
- it gives you feedback about your overall health You will get automatic feedback if a certain diet is good for you or not, because it will show on your chart.
- it takes time and practice to learn how to use this method effectively, so it's not recommended while you are sexually active and not using another form of birth control while you learn this method. In my ideal world, all females would be taught this method as part of their health education starting at 11 years old or when they begin menstruating.
- you need to be aware of your bodies fertility signs, but after some time it becomes second nature.
- it requires daily temperature taking first thing in the morning, at least until you really understand your cycle and your bodies signals.
- it requires either avoiding intercourse or using other barrier methods on the days you are fertile which can be up to one week long.